Sunday, August 26, 2007

my last first day.

tomorrow is the first day of my senior year...i know...intense.

i am feeling so indifferent about it all. i am not looking forward to getting up every morning and getting an education. but there is something about the start of a new school year that can be rejuvinating. i am excited to see what this year has in store for me and my friends.

last year was rough for me. and i feel as if i wasted alot of time feeling sorry for myself...but this year i am going to do things differently. i am going to make the best out of my last year of high school. ( okay, well i'm going to try )

i have to stop before i start to cry ha

6 comments:

julie p said...

YOU GO, GIRL!!! Trust me, it only gets better from here! You are perfectly poised to take on the future with God and all of us by your side...can't wait to discover what He has in store for YOU!

T5Guy said...

My Senior year is one of my favorite years to look back on. Every event was special. It was like we all knew this was going to be the last year of our lives with friendships like we had at the time. After High School, friendships are different, it is part of growing up. Not that it is wrong or bad, you just don't have the Community you have in High School. I think that is why I love RVCC! I have that same sense of Community, like I did back at Zane Trace in 1989, but with one difference. As a Senior, everything revolved around my Class, now everything revolves around the love of Jesus! Honestly, I love that Community much more!

Don't worry Lauren, you have a lifetime of "first days" left. We never stop having "first days"....

Roogles said...

I'm anxious to hear how this particular first day went...

I agree with Martin though, your life will be full of "first days".

Hope this one was good.

Anonymous said...

Lor! I really missed getting to hang out with you this year. I am glad to see that you have started seeing how amazing you really are. I hope your senior year goes as great as mine did!!!!

Sarah said...

Good luck with your school year! How was the first week?

Roogles said...

Lauren,
Saw this post today on another blog I read and it made me think of you.

Hope you are having a good week.

-E

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/pomomusings/nvbD/~3/1584933